The normal storage and refreshment methods for fruit and vegetables include ventilated storage, food preservation by irradiation, chemical preservation and air-conditioned cold storage warehouse storage.
Ventilated storages require simple devices and a small initial investment, however, their short storage periods have the potential to lead to later problems. Radiation and chemicalpreservation methods are also other common methods, but these lead to pollution. Because of that, Haocool has developed a ai fruit and vegetable storage warehouse concept to store and keep fruit and vegetables cool and fresh.
Advantages of controlled atmosphere cold storage
The fruit & vegetable storage warehousing uses equipment processes that control the environmental temperature, humidity, carbon dioxide levels, oxygen levels and ethylene levels in order to create the best storage environment. The following are the 3 primary functions:
- The low oxygen environment with suitable carbon dioxide levels inhibits plant cellular respiration.
- Removing the ethylene prolongs the food freshness levels.
- Increasing the relative humidity in the environment decreases transpiration.
- The fruit & vegetable storage warehousing system includes a deoxygenation machine or nitrogen making system, carbon dioxide removing system, ethylene removing system, and temperature, humidity and gas composition automatic detection system, ensuring the warehouse features needed gas compositions and maintains a relative stability.
- The fruit & vegetable storage warehousing uses high quality color plating polyurethane sandwich board to guarantee thermal insulation.
- Haocool will install an inspection window to monitor the fruit and vegetable storage state.
- Haocool carries out strict tests to ensure the hermetic levels reach 300Pa, and its half depressurization time is no less than 20 to 30 minutes.